What you put in your body is equally important for brain health and anxiety symptom control. In this episode, Mice, sleep and foods that nourish the brain.
If you're having suicidal thoughts, contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline for immediate help: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- The Amala Hopeline for young Muslim Americans who need to talk to somebody. The telephone number is 855-95-AMALA or you can reach them via Twitter at @amalahopeline
- Vice article on How to Not Cure Your Panic Attacks which is really about how to work with and not against your panic attack.
- Robby Berman's write up on Big Think about sleep, brains and cell damage.
- The actual name of the study is Sleep Loss Promotes Astrocytic Phagocytosis and Microglial Activation in Mouse Cerebral Cortexs
- Khan Academy video on what Microglia actually do, they are the clean-up crew, they are soldiers, they are those rough riders on wheels looking for some action.
- Sleep Foundation of America on how much sleep you actually need.
- BBC Good Food with examples of food that is good for your brain.
- PDF from the Cleveland Clinic on Food for Brain Health with reasons why you need to dial down the sugar and avoiding the five food felons
- Stop Breathe and Think allows you to dial in your current mood, how you feel and then it will offer you meditations that https://app.stopbreathethink.org/
Links to other sites are provided for information purposes only and do not constitute endorsements.
Always seek the advice of a qualified health provider with questions you may have regarding a medical or mental health disorder.
This blog and podcast is intended for informational and educational purposes only.
Nothing in this program is intended to be a substitute for professional psychological, psychiatric or medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.