In this episode a look at Botox for Depression. Actual more questions than answers. Who, what when, where, how, why, and how much?
Cosmetic surgery, psychiatry and psychology are three different domains of medicine. How does injecting a toxin in a certain region of the face help depression?
And also a look at worry journals. If you have Generalized Anxiety Disorder this could be one of the tools that you use to control the worry machine in your head.
I'm still working on shame and toxic shame; I want to find functional resources so I'm try again in a bit.
If you're having suicidal thoughts, contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline for immediate help: 1-800-273-TALK (8255).
- CBS News Video Clip on Botox Used for Depression
- CBS News.com story about the treatment.
- Lisa Firestone on Psychology Today on Living a Less Stressful Life
- Talkspace and Reconciling Religion and Therapy
- Grab a cheap journal and then download the Anxiety BC Worry Script
- Worry Patterns: A Workbook for Observing and Dismantling Worries by J.J. Young
- Lindsey Kramer Write It Down, Let It Go: A Worry Relief Journal by Chronicle Books, LLC
- Chloe Brotheridge The Anxiety Solution: A Quieter Mind, a Calmer Mind, for those that don't have time to read there is an Amazon/Audible 5 hour version of the book. Chloe is an hypnotherapist and has a blog and website to support the book and her practice. There are a lot of pop-ups for the free mp3. If you can get to the blog section there is good information regarding anxiety issues.
Links to other sites are provided for information purposes only and do not constitute endorsements.
Always seek the advice of a qualified health provider with questions you may have regarding a medical or mental health disorder.
This podcast is intended for informational and educational purposes only.
Nothing in this program is intended to be a substitute for professional psychological, psychiatric or medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.