I forgot mention in in the show but if you would like to see what a therapeutic game looks like you could check out Itsy, you have to play and meet challenges with a virtual spider.
- NIH information sheet on stress reduction.
- LA Weekly Russell Simmons Yoga Studio Article
- Virtually Better website
- VR Project Information
- MedLine Plus pages on the condition https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/000956.htm and https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000923.htm
- Chase Bank Slate Anxiety Phobia Commercial
- Virtual Reality Exposure Therapy Software and Possibilities for Use
- Oculus game called Itsy
- Psychology Today article on Agoraphobia
- Anxiety Coach blog post on Agoraphobia, specifically on the problems with avoidance
If you're having suicidal thoughts, contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline for immediate help: 1-800-273-TALK (8255).
Links to other sites are provided for information purposes only and do not constitute endorsements.
Always seek the advice of a qualified health provider with questions you may have regarding a medical or mental health disorder.
This podcast is intended for informational and educational purposes only.
Nothing in this program is intended to be a substitute for professional psychological, psychiatric or medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.