With Generalized Anxiety Disorder it is kinda hard to pin down exactly what it is or how it travels though your system.
There are commonalities, like excessive worrying and muscle tension. If you are curious or what to get an understanding this is an introductory for newbies and those that love them.
You can also download the current episode to listen to on your smartphone, tablet or media device.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America http://www.adaa.org
- Helpguide.org page on Anxiety Disorders http://www.helpguide.org/articles/anxiety/anxiety-attacks-and-anxiety-disorders.htm
- National Institute for Mental Health Brochure on GAD http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/generalized-anxiety-disorder-gad/index.shtml
- Harvard Health Blog on Managing Worry in GAD and Worry http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/managing-worry-in-generalized-anxiety-disorder-201602179172
- Coping with Stress and Anxiety via Harvard Publishing http://www.health.harvard.edu/special-health-reports/coping-with-anxiety-and-stress-disorders
- University of Pennsylvania Penn Behavioral Health Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety page on GAD http://www.med.upenn.edu/ctsa/general_anxiety_symptoms.html
- What's Up App for Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jacksontempra.apps.whatsup
- What's Up App for iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/whats-up/id968251160?mt=8
Links to other sites are provided for information purposes only and do not constitute endorsements.
Always seek the advice of a qualified health provider with questions you may have regarding a medical or mental health disorder.
This podcast is intended for informational and educational purposes only.
Nothing in this program is intended to be a substitute for professional psychological, psychiatric or medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.