It is in a basic form at the moment but it will grown in time. And speaking of time are you in need of a therapist? Before you get to dialing or hitting up Yelp these are some of the things to consider.
You can also download the current podcast to your mobile or media device.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- American Psychological Association page on seeking a therapist. http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/choose-therapist.aspx
- Depression and Bipolar Alliance page on seeking treatment with mini worksheet to guide your decision process. http://www.dbsalliance.org/site/PageServer?pagename=education_brochures_finding_MHP
- Healthline sideshow on the various mental health professionals http://www.healthline.com/health-slideshow/mental-health-professionals-types#1
- Mayo Clinic tips on evaluating a therapist http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/cognitive-behavioral-therapy/details/how-you-prepare/ppc-20186984
- Dr. Patti Levin's questions about selecting a therapist http://drpattilevin.com/how-to-choose-a-therapist/
- Dr. PsychMom’s take on seeking a therapy http://www.drpsychmom.com/2016/02/22/choose-therapist-similar/#
- Teaspoon of Honey, you can read the transcript or listen to the podcast. http://www.teaspoonofhappy.com/blog/how-to-find-a-therapist
Links to other sites are provided for information purposes only and do not constitute endorsements.
Always seek the advice of a qualified health provider with questions you may have regarding a medical or mental health disorder.
This podcast is intended for informational and educational purposes only.
Nothing in this program is intended to be a substitute for professional psychological, psychiatric or medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.